The power to translate is now inside Drupal!
Introducing the Global Web Experience Management Content Management System
Globalizing online content is more important than ever. The total spending power of online consumers around the world is nearly $50 trillion, a recent Common Sense Advisory report found. Three years ago, enterprises would have to translate content into 37 language to reach 98 percent of Internet users. This year, it takes 48 languages to reach the same amount of users.
For companies seeking to increase global market share, “translate frequently and fast” is the name of the game. Today’s content is dynamic and ever-changing, covering the gamut from social media sites to company forums to press releases. With high-quality translation and localization, enterprises can tailor content to consumers around the world.
Speed and Efficiency in Translation
When it comes to the “frequently and fast” part of the equation, enterprises run into problems. Professional service providers provide translated content in files, which company workers then have to manually insert into their CMS. When companies update or edit source documents, they have to hunt down all the translated content and change each document individually.
Lingotek and Drupal have solved the problem by making the Lingotek Collaborative Translation Platform fully integrated and interoperable with Drupal. Lingotek combines best-in-class machine translation solutions, real-time community/crowd translation and professional translation to enable companies to publish globalized content in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Drupal simplifies the creation and management of different types of content across multiple channels, including social media.
Globalization Without Interrupting the Workflow
The combination of the Lingotek platform with Drupal ensures that process of authoring, publishing, targeting, optimizing and personalizing global Web content is automated, saving companies the time and effort of manually entering content. Users can seamlessly integrate translation into their Drupal workflows, optimizing their translation and localization across web, social and mobile channels in multiple languages. The original structure and formatting of all translated content is maintained, saving workers the time and effort involved with inserting the text translation and reformatting.
In addition, Lingotek’s continuous publication model addresses the dynamic nature of content, automatically updating the status of translated documents within the Drupa whenever users edit or update source documents. This enables users to sync translations in real time. The translation, localization, updating and publishing of Web Experience Management content happens in a single, uninterrupted workflow.
The net result of Lingotek Inside Drupal is a system that more than meets the need for frequent and fast global translation. Workflows are accelerated. The globalization of content becomes faster and more streamlined. Enterprises save time, cost and effort in translation project management, and can address the needs of each of their global markets in a timely and cost-effective manner.
https://network.acquia.com/services/lingotek for more information.
Lingotek's Continuous Translation Model
The Massive Benefits of Cloud-Based Translation Management System
Translating web content using this integrated, cloud-based tool isn’t just superior to the old model of translation, it’s the only way to keep up. Here are some of the massive benefits:
- Cost Savings - You can largely avoid the cost of having professional translators work on small but expensive jobs by having your community do the translations. If you still want professionals involved, have them just do a final review of the community translations at a much lower cost.
- Faster Translation Times - A strong community can identify new content and have it translated the same day with the right tools and access. In fact, your community can self-select the most important content and translate it first. Even if you still use professional translators you will see a substantial speed increase.
- Higher Quality - It may seem counter-intuitive to think that a community of non-professional translators would produce higher-quality translations, but it’s true. One study showed that computer-aided community translations were indistinguishable from professional translations and sometimes even superior since the community had a more topic-specific knowledge of the language. Subject matter expertise is important!
- Real-time Monitoring - Know down to the sentence what has been translated and how much remains. The days of emailing a word document into a black hole and waiting for it to come back translated with no indication of ongoing progress are gone.
- Eliminate the Copy/Paste Method of Translating - Copying and Pasting content into emails or documents is messy and confusing. Multiple versions of documents creates errors and lag in your project. Translating content directly in its native environment facilitates a smooth flow and fast turn-around.
- Increased Involvement and Loyalty - By engaging your bi-lingual employees, customers and partners in the translation process you can actually increase their loyalty and sense of community. Offering incentives or awards for their contribution can help them feel the value of contributing and make them feel a part of something great.
Lingotek | The Translation Network gives enterprise business customers new ways to engage their global communities by providing trusted, rapid translations to expand and grow business in a cost effective way. Its exclusive cloud-based Translation Management System™ represents the next step in the evolution of translation through technology and community involvement. Today, global organizations, intelligence agencies and government entities use the platform, saving time and resources on projects ranging from a few pages to several volumes. Lingotek also offers professional translation services for companies. The company is based in Draper, Utah and is funded by Signal Peak Ventures and In-Q-Tel.